the weather here in chicago has been crazy indecisive lately. it'l be below 31 degrees one day, with frost all over the grass, my car, everything. then the day after, it's 60 degrees and rainy! all this changing weather leaves my skin and lips really dry. which leads me to my lip scrub diy! not only does it smell (and taste) really good, but it really works too!
INSTRUCTIONS for the scrub
- combine coconut oil and both sugars in a medium bowl. (i found its easier to use your hands)
- add the tablespoon of peppermint oil and mix with a spoon
- add the rosemary and mix until it's all evenly combined
- place into jars and cover
INGREDIENTS for the scrub
- one cup granulated sugar
- one cup brown sugar
- about one cup coconut oil
- one tablespoon agave nectar (or honey for a stickier mixture)
- 1 tablespoon peppermint oil
- rosemary (as much or as little as desired)
i found that it's alot easier to mix the oil and sugars with your hands for a more even combination
i've used it myself, and it really works! the mint leaves a tingly feeling and the coconut oil really helps to moisturize and soothe dry lips. it's perfect to make for the new year and for the rest of the winter. it also makes great gifts fir any late holiday parties you might be attending! here's to soft lips and a happy new year!