happy 2016 friends! i'm so excited for this upcoming year - there's a lot of good things in store. lately i've been thinking about how i want this year to play out, and trying to come up with some resolutions/goals to focus on in 2016. when i make resolutions, i always try to not put pressure on myself to keep up. if i begin to fail, i try to make a conscious effort to do better, but i never beat myself up for not completing them. below are some of my 2016 goals!
- wear my hair in different ways - i've never really been one to primp myself up. i'm not the best at makeup, i'm not the best at doing hair, i usually go for the half-up or having it simply down, whatever. for christmas, my mom got me rubi jones' book, the art of hair, and all of her styles are so great and beautifully photographed. it's a goal to style my hair in a new way at least once a week. it might seem like a small goal (and kind of silly!) but for me, it's something i really want to do.
- film more videos - i started making videos this year, and i fell in love. i really believe they give a whole other aspect to the documentation of events. it's so fun to look back on old posts and watch the films i created - there's so many memories that can be relived through video. i made a good amount in 2015, and i can't wait to make even more this coming year.
- drink more water - this one happened almost by accident last year. it wasn't a real goal of mine, but i found myself ordering water over other drinks at restaurants, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge during the day, and i really want to keep this up. hopefully drink at least three big glasses of water per day. i've found it really gives me more energy and makes me feel better, overall.
- promote flag fest better - later in 2015, i started a shop! flag fest was born in the fall, but i haven't done much to push it along. i've reached out to some bloggers and friend about receiving the flags, and there's ben an overwhelming response in that small community. it's a big goal of mine this year to spread the word about flag fest and hopefully bring in more response.
- stop comparing myself to others/be myself/push myself to do better - i've found recently that i'm comparing myself to others and trying to make myself like them. i want to be known for myself, for what i do, for something that i did. i'm making it goal to focus on myself and my own work instead of comparing myself to those i admire (and slightly envy). instead of thinking "she has this... i need that too" i want to focus on what i have and what i'm thankful for in my own life. instead of feeling down because i think i'll never be like or as good as them, i need to shut down these thoughts and push myself to be better, and to be myself.
like i said above, i never get myself down for not completing the goals and resolutions i set for myself, and i'm so excited to see where this new year takes me. there'll be more traveling (i'm going to dublin!!!!!), more adventures, and more posts in general. i can't wait. happy new year!
p.s. these photos are from new years eve when my sisters claire + caroline and cousin katie headed down to the city! we stopped at firecakes donuts, too. so good!